Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Seth and the Swine flu

I meant to get on here and ask for prayer... it's been crazy around here... Glenn, Seth and I all got sick about 3 weeks ago now with the dreaded swine flu. Glenn and I were to the place that we slept, slept, slept, would decide who could better crawl up the stairs to get things started for supper, and usually ended up there together to take care of it as a team. In the mornings, Cala was a major blessing! (and in the evenings too really).

Seth however, didn't get the flu as full blown as us...last week, Cala was sick in the same way Seth had been... fever, some aches, but nothing nearly as major as Glenn and I had been. (she was able to go back to school yesterday).

Seth however, got the full blown flu by last Thursday, and by Friday was also complaining of an ear ache.

Yesterday, I got him into the doctor who said not only was he dealing with the swine flu as we all had been, but Seth also was had an infection in BOTH ears!

The doctor instructed me on how many ounces per hour to get down Seth (he wasn't drinking OR eating!) and if he didn't drink enough, by the following evening (Tuesday), we would need to have Seth admitted to the hospital!!!

SO, Monday afternoon, I got on facebook and my email and let the internet world know of our need for prayer!

Then came Tuesday (yesterday).... Seth actually woke up withOUT a fever! (it was 102 in the doctor's office). We could tell he was feeling better, was back to talking (which he had totally stopped before except for a grunt here and there), and even ate a few bites!

By evening, the fever was back but we did manage to get him to drink some. He still has a long ways to go.... is a very sick little boy, but we praise the Lord that we met the doctor's goal of keeping him out of the hospital.

Please continue to pray for Seth and for the rest of us... we feel trapped by this flu... Seth is still contagious. (until we can get his fever gone for 24 hours without the use of medicine).

Oh, and pray that Cala will just by-pass getting it full blown and that Ethan will stay healthy. Strangely enough, not even a sniffle has he dealt with!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying so for your whole family!
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Anonymous said...

Am here praying for your family!
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Anonymous said...

Really concerned about you Amy! Praying for you right now!
Romans 5:1-4 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope.

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm here praying!
Romans 5:6-9 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray!
Philippians 4:8-9 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm continuing to pray at this end!
Isaiah 26:3-4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.

Anonymous said...

Lifting up prayers!
Psalm 40:16-17 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified. But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

Anonymous said...

Checking in to see how you're doing. Praying!
I Peter 2:9-10 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Anonymous said...

Praying right now!
Psalm 116:1-4 I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow. Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.