Somewhere along the way, either one Valentine's Day or Easter, Daddy bought my candy the day after and it soon became a silly tradition of ours... he would go on purpose a day late and buy me chocolate. The good thing for me was I got something bigger than I would have had he been "on time" and of course he got a bit of a discount. ha ha
I miss that so much. Even after Glenn and I married (nearly 17 years ago), Daddy would see to it that Glenn got me that chocolate a day late (of course!) . I still remember him calling here Easter of 2007 and when I answered the phone, he asked to talk to Glenn. Now, Daddy and Glenn loved each other very much, but it was strange for Daddy not to talk to me, but just ask for Glenn right off! When I asked, "what am I? Chopped liver?!" , he just laughed and asked for Glenn. I knew something was up.... He was calling to set it up with Glenn to buy me a big chocolate bunny (but he had to wait until the day after Easter- ha... it wouldn't be our tradition if he did not :o)
The above picture? Well, that's a picture of the chocolate heart that Glenn bought me TODAY, in memory of my Daddy. (Glenn gave me chocolates from himself yesterday). I was in tears... earlier today I was talking to my Mama and told her how I was sad, just feeling sort of silly, because one of the things I missed so much was Daddy getting me that chocolate!
When Glenn gave me the chocolate, he asked, "did you really think I would forget?" :o) I love that man of mine... and I thank the Lord for the Daddy I had and the relationship we shared.
No comments:
Post a Comment