If you watched tonight's episode of Amazing Race, then you've seen a taste of my favorite city in the world! I simply LOVE Helsinki, Finland. What was so very neat was the other cities in Finland where the teams went, we've been through as well, on the train.
When we lived in St. Petersburg, Russia, we would twice a year take a six hour train trip to Finland's capital-Helsinki. It was there we would get our visas (to stay legal in Russia) renewed. We looked forward to those trips as anyone living in St. Pete could understand. It was a real place of renewal for us, a time to refresh from the daily struggles that is life in Russia.
I confess to having a tear come down my face as I watched tonight's Amazing Race. I wanted to see more of these places I had been. It was so neat to see places in Helsinki that we had frequented. To hear one of the teams say, "kiitos" (thank you in Finnish) did my heart good.
Sigh... It appeared in the clip of next week's episode, that they were in Russian cars! I can't wait to see where they go!!!!!! If it were to be St. Petersburg, you may find me bawling. While content in Minnesota, knowing God wants us here (and no, there is no doubt about that!), I still miss Russia. I think a part of me always will.
3 comments:
Oh I didn't get to see much of it last night, I saw a bit and wondered where they were! I'll definitely have to watch (or tape) next week in case they go back to Russia!
There were lots of tv crews here this summer...but I didn't see any Amazing Race logos. When did they tape this series? I'd love to see it...sigh...American tv....
My niece is adopted from Russia and I enjoy seeing sites of her home country.
They went to Munich last season and I was looking out for sites that I had seen when there. This show has a way of bringing back memories doesn't it?
Post a Comment