Out of 100 children born in Guatemala:
1 will be adopted by a US family
5 will not make it to their 5th birthday
16 will be born with low birth weight
22 will never see the inside of a school
28 will never learn how to read and write
54 will grow up in extreme poverty and malnourished
74 will never make it to the 7th grade
84 will need to travel over an hour to reach a health care facility
Reading statistics like these make me so very thankful, grateful and full of emotion when I think about my precious little boys! Pray for the children of Guatemala! May many more make their way to their forever family!
1 comment:
About three years ago, I did a short term mission trip to Guatemala. The kids were adorable and I would have loved to bring one home with me, especially after seeing the conditions some of these people live in. Our return flight had 5 families on it who were taking their new son or daughter home.
Post a Comment