Yes, we got out on Black Friday and shopped! What mean parents we are getting those kids up BEFORE the crack of dawn! We put them to bed super early Thanksgiving night, and then hit the stores early early Friday morning. (up at 4 a.m.!) We spent 9 hours out and had an absolutely wonderful time! The kids were all very well behaved and Glenn commented several times at how nice it was that day being together. We came home and actually put up some Christmas decorations. We are a "work in progress" around here- we went to Wal-mart but bought very little decorations as we truly were so exhausted by then we weren't thinking straight! ha ha (that was the second Wal-mart we had been in Friday and it was already 1 p.m. by then).
Yesterday we spent relaxing in the morning, cleaning in the afternoon, in preparation for church today. Glenn lost his voice yesterday, and it has yet to return. He is not hurting at all, feels fine, just can't talk. This happened a few times in Russia. I used to say it was the devil, as many times it went on Saturday, and would be back on Monday- so he couldn't preach! I am interested to see how he is tomorrow.
Church went well regardless. Glenn had printed out a lesson for us to read since he couldn't talk. So, the young man that comes, and I discussed it. We also sang a lot. By the time the morning was over, my throat was so dry, but I was just happy to be here at that particular moment! Make sense?! Just seeing God work.
I am looking forward to the week ahead. Who knows what will have taken place by this time next week?! Look forward to the adventure!
1 comment:
Thought you might find this interesting ...
Six Healthiest Staple Foods in Russia
http://tinyurl.com/ynfzkb
Post a Comment