Yeah! I got to go out with Ethan again, and buy his tennis shoes for his "cool". No Superman shoes, but we did find Superman underwear! That's very very important to this 4 year old boy! So all was not lost! We did manage to buy CARS (Lightning McQueen) shoes for Ethan and Spiderman shoes for Seth! The best part of Seth's shoes are they were only $5.00 on clearance. (just got to love that!).
After leaving K-mart, we went next door to the grocery store. All was going well until we were leaving. The place was packed with folks stocking up for the snow we are supposed to get this weekend. In this store, you have to bag your own groceries. There was a woman behind me and I was trying to not waste anymore time and get out of her way. SO, I decide to NOT put on my coat, and just get straight to the van (which was parked as close as you can get to the door!). Bad decision. You see my wonderful coat has these drawstrings that I have hated since day one with said coat! Today one got caught in the wheel of the buggy. (or "cart" as some of you out there call it). There I am, after having unloaded my groceries, trying to free my coat from the grip of that wheel. It got me nowhere but cold and frustrated!!! The wind was brutal as I stood there fighting with that buggy trying to free my coat! I tried to turn the buggy up to where I get better work on it. I saved it from hitting a very expensive looking car, just in the nick of time. Whew!
I decide to roll the buggy back the way it came, thinking maybe that would work. It would have, as I freed part of the string, but alas, in the end, it was really truly stuck! I hoped someone, anyone would pass by (did I mention how busy the place was?!), but no one was in sight (except the man in the running vehicle watching my every move and smiling!) ha
My son says, "Mama, I'm cold" (yes, of course he had on his nice warm coat with hat!). I open the van, one hand on the buggy, not wanting it to roll again. I tell my son to get inside and Mama will be right here in your sight but I have to get my coat free. I began feeling I was on Candid Camera or something! Finally with nothing left to do but to leave my coat (I seriously considered it!), the bright idea comes to me! Scissors! I'll go ask for scissors at the customer desk or buy them for my very own! ha
So, out comes Ethan, we walk in (past the still smiling- half laughing- guy in his nice warm vehicle), explain our plight, get scissors, cut the drawstring, and head back to the van. OH yes! This time, I wore the coat until I got to the van where I promptly took it off.
I proceed to get Ethan in the car seat, but it wouldn't properly close. I should add here he was using his brother's car seat today since it's on the driver's side, therefore making it easier for me to get him in and out (since brother stayed home with Glenn).
I started laughing right then and there, and Ethan asks, "What for Mama?" (meaning "what's wrong?") I say, "Oh! Mama can't get your car seat closed right." I was back to reality when Ethan says, "Mama! It Seth car seat, not Ethan's." (such a proper young man!).
Getting in the vehicle (yes, I finally got the seat to work), I noticed we were running low of gas. I realized we could make it back home, but with the day I was having, no way was I taking that chance! We go straight to the gas station where I stood in the cold- coat safely inside my van!
2 comments:
LOL definitely could have made money on American's Funniest Home Videos with this one!
What an adventure!
Post a Comment