Thursday, February 08, 2007

Florida Girl?

It has become increasingly harder to remember what my life as a Florida girl was like. Oh yes, I remember my childhood, I remember my friends, my church. I seem to vaguely remember wearing short sleeves and thin pants, even pedal pushers (Capris as they are called now). Shorts weren't allowed with my Mama.

I just don't seem to remember how nice it felt in the sun! ha Life in Russia prepared me for the cold weather, so much so I became accustomed to it, and honestly, a summer in Florida is now torture for me. It's just soooo cold here lately, that to hear folks talk about it getting cold in Florida is laughable. Cold is to them, when it drops in the 50's. Cold here, is below 20. Right now, 20 would feel like a regular heat wave, since for days, we've been below zero. On my birthday, last Saturday, the windchill made it feel like -35. (yes, 35 BELOW)! Dangerous windchills we were told, and were warned by the weathermen of how little time spent outside would cause frostbite.

I am looking forward to tomorrow, when we travel about 3 hours from here to spend the night. We are doing this for my birthday/ Valentines' Day. Of course, we don't have babysitters here yet, so this is a family trip, but we are looking forward to it! We will surprise the kids when we get on the road! :o)

I am looking forward to being a Florida girl once more by swimming in the motel's heated pool. Ok, so it's inside. I'll just for a moment try not to look out the window at the snow.

No comments: