Friday, February 09, 2007

Fun in Duluth

We decided to take off for the night and go about 3 hours to Duluth. We had never been here and want to see all the areas of our new state. We are so glad we came! We're having a good time. It's the "off season" so we found a good deal on a nice place that is on Lake Superior! Of course we studied the Great Lakes in school, but it's neat to be here on one!

The kids got to swim (heated indoor pool of course! After all, it's sub zero outside, but hey! we have the option of swimming outside in a heated pool- to which I say, "no thank you!"). We got some supper, got the boys settled in for the night, and Glenn and Cala headed out to make S'mores! They have this going on nightly here until 10 p.m.- making s'mores right on the lake.

We didn't tell the kids we were coming here until we were in the van, picked up Cala from school and started on our way! After explaining the cat would be fine, all were excited!

Glenn and I enjoy the change of pace, but to see our kids full of such joy, makes it all worthwhile!

Cala was heard saying, "This is the best day ever!" :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It does sound like the best day ever!

I just sent you something fun from Walmart.com. If you can manage to resist the urge to look up my name on the invoice (I don't trust them to follow my instructions and keep my name off the invoice...) then SBP will be MUCH more fun!

It's just a little something I thought your chocolate-loving self might enjoy.

sbp

kate said...

I love that you surprised your kiddos with a trip away!

Deb said...

So glad you had a good time away and swimming in a warm pool!