Cala and I had a good time together today, a good mother and daughter day. We decided with yesterday being Women's Day, that we would start an annual tradition of shopping together around that time.
I had been wanting to visit a new consigment shop but since Cala was planning the day, I figured Wal-mart would be included (Target was already planned) and we probably would NOT go to the consignment shop! Well.... it turns out, no Wal-mart, but the consignment shop was our first stop! ha ha
We pulled in to the KFC drive thru (for me- Cala chose McD's- yuck I say!).... and I just happened to mention, "Cala, there's the consignment shop I'm planning to come to next week." Cala asked, "can we go now?" Well, of course! Who was I to say no? ha haaaa (no, I did NOT "lead the witness")
We didn't find any clothes there we wanted, but we bought some books (all books are $1 unless otherwise marked). We bought one big book- 20 stories for $2.50. I LOVED buying that, because we never could before! Always when flying back to Russia, we couldn't take something like that with us- it would weigh us down too much, so we chose smaller books. Now, I can buy it, because we have the spot for it! :o) We also bought other books there for $1.
Then, we went to Target. We had a good time there, and I bought a couple of summer shirts for the boys for $1.98 each. Not sure why they would already be on clearance! when summer has not yet begun! ha ha What does that tell you? Also bought Cala a nice thin, long sleeve YELLOW shirt!
Anyway... rambling on here.... While in there, I started feeling rough (fibro related) and prayed silently, "Lord, please help me keep going for my daughter's sake. She's having such a GREAT time!" No more than I mouthed that prayer and Cala says, "Mama, can we buy everything you need here?" I said, "yes.. everything I need like foil, etc. can be bought here, why?" She said, "because if we go to Wal-mart I will want to buy something and I already found stuff here." HA HA!!!!! I couldn't argue with that, because it was definitely true!
THANK YOU GOD! We had a great time! She talked about the great time we had all the way home, and then was sure to tell Glenn and her brothers!
I really want my children to have great memories of their childhood- good times spent with Mama and Papa.
3 comments:
That sounds like a wonderful Women's Day for the 2 of you. So glad she had such a great time.
So sweet! My kids are champion thrifters in training.
Those are good memories, just being together and enjoying each other. I love family. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one in my family that feels that, with everybody going their own way. My brother is the only close family I have. He and his family are always so busy. And my stepdaughter is grown up and busy with her life and soon to be married. When we are all together I cherish it. Cherish every moment, they are sweet!
Post a Comment