Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sad but deeply touched

This evening, I had a conference to go to at Cala's school. I originally planned to blog about how the teacher said that Cala overall is doing well, she's really taking off on her reading- she's distracted some (that's "normal" for Cala), blah blah blah....

BUT NO! I am blogging to ask for PRAYER that we recover a very important necklace to me :o/ This is the set up- be prepared- it involves a 2 year old and a 4 year old! :

Before leaving to the conference, I stood at my jewelry box and thought, "my special necklace would go well with this outfit, and I so often forget to wear the necklace, this is a good time!"
Oh that I would have forgotten!......

I was in the bed, watching American Idol, when Glenn notices something gold at his feet. He remembered the baby (2 yr old!) had something in his mouth earlier. Glenn noticed it was a gold chain of mine. I said, "At least it's not my special necklace, it's on!" Then, I had the sudden sinking feeling, checked, and it was not on! :o/

By this point, the boys were in bed, but Glenn quickly went and asked. It was admitted by Seth that he had it, but he has no clue where the charms are- the chain- it's RUINED! Who would have known that gold was that fragile. Ethan, well... he's the biggest tattle tale known to man, and he didn't say anything?! That's totally strange which only means he was in on it. Ugghh.

This was a necklace that I had wanted for ages, and last Christmas, Glenn and the kids got it for me- it had a charm holder that said, "Mom's Kids", and then each charm was a girl with Cala's birthstone, a bead to separate, a boy with Ethan's birthstone, a bead to separate, then a boy with Seth's birthstone, and another bead to separate, just waiting for our next child.

After the boys looked a cursory look in the family room (I really think it's all in their room! We'll look tomorrow!), they were sent back upstairs (and told no toys tomorrow until they search, search, search!).

Glenn was sooooo frustrated and sad about this. I was heartsick! Then, I began crying because of the following:

Cala was all, "I can't believe my brothers! ugggh! " (she was at a Brownies meeting during the time it would have happened). She then says, "Mama, I am going to save my money and buy you a new one!" OH! I just boo-hooed! How precious! How very precious!

We explained that of course she isn't going to do that, but that I really appreciate her tender heart.

I am praying tonight that I find the charms to that necklace- especially before the cat does!

5 comments:

kate said...

I'm so sorry! I lost a precious pin given to me by a very special family. Not only is the thought behind it irreplaceable, it turns out the pin is too. It was almost four years ago, but I still miss that pin.

I hope you find your charms!
Kate

Suz said...

Oh no! I hope you find them, do you think he may have swallowed them??

kate said...

Did you find them?

kate said...

Surprise! I'm your not-so-secret-any-more blog pal. What a nice surprise it was to find your name in my inbox!

Now, I still want to know what happened to the charms.

U.N. Mama said...

Hey Kate! Thanks for being such a great one :o)