I don't particularly hate birthdays, I am doing fine with turning 37 this coming Sunday, February 3rd. It's the thought of being 40 in 3 years that strikes me strange!!!! I turned 30 in Russia... I remember it as if it were yesterday. We were driving down Nevsky Prospekt in our dark green Volga and listening to a cassette I cherished of country singer Tim McGraw! The song playing? "My Next Thirty Years" of course!
Never would I have imagined seven years ago that I would be living in the U.S., much less would I have imagined Minnesota!!! (it still blows my mind!) I was sure we would be in Russia for many, many moons to come! Never would I have imagined that I would be Mama to two Hispanic boys (and when I turned 30, we were 3 months from bringing Cala home).
Wow.... time does fly, time does change things. Wow....
The point of this post?! I don't know! lol Just a bit melancholy today. I told Glenn that instead of dreading my pending birthday (and I am sure it will be strange this year with all the sadness surrounding my mind), that I was going to be like the kids would be... SO, I announced today with pride and excitement in my voice- Mama's birthday is in just SIX sleeps!!!
Of course my kids think, "no fair. I wish it were my birthday!" To which I will respond, "naa naa naa naa naa naa... it's going to be mine, not yourrrrrrsssss".
Does this mean I have to change that to the right that says, "mid-30's" to actually read, "late 30's!"??????? ;op
2 comments:
Naw...just leave it! You're only as old as you feel, right?! :o)
These verses contain the reason why we have the hope of life to come. Know that I'm here praying so hard!
Ephesians 1:17-20 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places
Lifting up prayers for you and your family right now.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Post a Comment