Friday, August 08, 2008

Anniversary

This was taken just last year, in June 2007. We had gone to Florida for my youngest brother's ordination service. This was taken during that same trip.

Today (well, Thursday, August 7th) would have been Mama and Daddy's 52nd anniversary. It was the last date he wanted to be around for, but of course he didn't make it. God was gracious to him, to let him out of his suffering before now. I realize that in my head, but my heart just aches. I miss my Daddy so very much! I felt rather silly yesterday and today- I was crying and thinking, "I want to call Daddy because I feel so sad." Then I remembered, "hey Amy! You're crying because he's no longer here!".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, Amy. I felt the same when my dad died over 3 years ago. I still miss his emails in my inbox. :(

Anonymous said...

I feel you girl. I miss my "Friday Call" to my dad. I haven't had one for almost 8 years.
I love you and I'm still praying for you.
Wen