Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My heart is breaking once again... the cousin with whom I was the closest, is dying of colon cancer. Hospice has been called in. She's just 36 years old, married and has a 9 year old son. Please pray for my cousin, and her entire family. Such sadness. We knew she was not doing very well, and I am forever grateful that when we were in South Carolina for my Daddy's second funeral (and burial), that we went and visited this cousin. I am so glad of that.

When my Mama called last night to tell me about the progression of my cousin's cancer, well... I cried and cried and cried. I cried so much Cala come from her room, thinking I was sad because of "Grandpa". I explained a little to her and sent her back to bed.

I just really need your prayers- for this cousin and her family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, my heart's breaking for your family! Cancer stinks big time!!!!!
True comfort comes only from the Lord! Praying that the Lord will bless you with His comfort right now.
Psalms 71:20-21 Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth. Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Your,
Secret Blog Pal