Today was both Ethan's appointment with a counselor and mine with a grief counselor. The appointments went as well as those types of things can go). I am forever grateful that we have insurance that will cover these appointments for us.
I for one am super glad I have this counselor to talk to- I tell you, it's amazing to me sometimes how I will be thinking, "what am I going to talk about today?" and then bam! I walk in, and it all pours out. She also asked me to go ahead and make a doctor's appointment (medical doctor). I know I need to- due to lack of sleep (haven't slept a complete night since Daddy's death!!!). I will call tomorrow. (If I don't post tomorrow night that I have called, PLEASE post in the comments section reminding me to do so! No joke!). I realize I should have called before now, but honestly, when you are depressed, down from so much grief, your mind doesn't function near as well as it should.
As for Ethan, his counselor asked that we bring him back no more than 2 weeks apart. This is so he is on a set schedule of going to her. I believe we are close to a diagnosis that while we expected it, we fear it, but know we can learn to deal with it, and work with it. Just pray for us and especially for Ethan. What a precious child.
Today has been a full day but a "good" one over all. Here's hoping I sleep.
2 comments:
Stopping by to let you know I'm still here praying!
Okay, you'd better make that appt tomorrow! I WILL bug you until you do!
Psalms 119:49-50 Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.
I hope you're sound asleep right now, this minute (11:31 p.m.)
That's where I'm heading right now before C wakes up wanting another bottle!
Post a Comment