Saturday, November 22, 2008

It is NOT time to sing Christmas songs!

Sorry to my readers- those of you who are men, but just read it anyway for a laugh.....

We were in Wal-mart tonight when I rounded the corner to buy some deodorant, which just happens to be on the same aisle with shall we say, "feminine hygiene products."

I had this feeling that Seth (age 3) would say something, but uh... he was mid song- singing, "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, jingle all the way".

Upon seeing the pads, he changes the lyrics to......

"Jingle Pads, Jingle Pads, Pads are here today. Oh what fun it is to ride in a paaaaadddd all the day. Oh jingle pads, jingle pads...." OF COURSE the aisle had spectators who at least found this amusing.

I wanted to hang my head but couldn't help but laugh myself.

8 comments:

Lynn said...

There's a station around here that's been playing Christmas music for a while now...but more "traditional" songs...what I would have given to hear Seth's version!
Stopping by to let you know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Wendy said...

That is hilarious!!! Very creative, Seth! :)

sharon :) said...

Omigosh! I am ROFL...that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing....

sharon in alabama :)

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm always praying!
Romans 8:26-27 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Anonymous said...

The Lord is going before you, too, and will not forsake you! Praying!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deuteronomy 31:8 And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amy, this is sooo funny! I'm afraid after laughing I might have started singing with him. LOL ;D

Anonymous said...

Keep your eyes on the Lord at all times! Praying right now!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Anonymous said...

Holidays can be hard for so many different reasons. Saying extra prayers right now.
Colossians 3:15-17 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.