Monday, January 05, 2009

The current song playing on my blog here, "Carry You to Jesus" by Steven Curtis Chapman means a lot to me. I not only love the sadness in the music at first, I love the hope that is in that song. In dealing with grief, it's been amazing the things that have been said. Many well meaning people say some, well, stupid things. It's not that they mean it to be stupid, it just comes out that way.

There's no recent incident to report, it's just in my mind right now--- I am dealing with Daddy's death right now as if it just happened! I am sure that's normal at the Christmas/New Year season, and to top things off, Daddy's birthday would have been February 7th, just 4 days after my own.... and so, I am sure that affects me right now.

I could just really use some prayer. I thought the roller coaster had stopped but it seems to have come back around to pick me up again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been through grief before, Amy. You know that the roller coaster never really ends. It might get less bumpy but in one way or another you'll always be on the ride.
Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 31:24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Anonymous said...

What a comfort, knowing the Lord is holding your hand and there to help! Praying!
Isaiah 41:13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.