Sunday, January 25, 2009

More info on my PW friend's son....

As it turned out, my PW friend's son was playing what's called the "choking game". While they are comforted to know he was not trying to take his own life, it's tragic all the same.
http://www.chokinggame.net/ This website serves as a warning for parents and is a parent education site. I had no idea about this kind of "game". How sad.

Continue praying for this family as they go through the funeral on Tuesday and all the grief that goes with this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first time I heard of it was when my friend's son died doing it. Then I heard it again when someone around here did it. It's just such a tragic waste! And the devastation it leaves behind....
Praying right now!
Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray in Seattle!
Lamentations 3:22-26 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm always here praying!
Psalms 32:6-7 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him. Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.