Tuesday, January 06, 2009

We are currently driving 100 miles a day round trip in order to be part of what is called "intensives". It's a type of therapy to help Ethan with his RAD. Glenn, Ethan and I see Cala off, drop Seth off at a friend's home right around 8:30 and off we go. We get home daily around 3 p.m. This leaves us with time to get supper prepared (thank you to Glenn who last night threw some stuff in the crockpot and so we had that waiting for us tonight... there's plenty left over for Thursday night.

Tomorrow is Russian Christmas. We have a Russian meal planned. We look forward to this each year. I miss Russia in many ways, and yet I am amazed at God's providence. He knew if we were back there, Ethan would not receive the help he so desperately needs. Life is so different than we planned, but hey! God is in charge.

2 comments:

Suz said...

Tell us what you have for Russian
Christmas - can share recipes? Do you come in contact with many Russians there in MN?

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Sorry about the long trip every day. How long is this going to keep up? Hope it helps!
Continuing to pray in Seattle!
Psalms 27:4-5 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.