Friday, February 12, 2010

Every Friday night, our family has "Family Night". We take turns each week as to who gets to decide the meal, the game we play (or movie), and what we eat for dessert. ("Family night treat"). Tonight was Glenn's turn.

Glenn loves to cook, and as a result, we are avid watchers of the Food Network. My picture of the day shows the "Sonoran (or also called "Mexican") Hot Dog" (Sonora is a Mexican state), Glenn made tonight for each of us. It's a hot dog (we use all beef hot dogs) wrapped in bacon, has tomatoes, pinto beans, avocadoes, grilled peppers and onions, raw onions, mayonnaise, mustard (which I didn't have), ketchup, green chilies (they are just for flavor-not spice), and cheese (which as I type this Glenn realized he forgot to add to ours tonight!). I must admit I was not looking forward to this hot dog, but I was so very pleasantly surprised as were our kids. We all LOVED it! It looks like a sandwich that should be sold at a sandwich shop for sure (and it is as we saw on the Food Network). It's put on a "bolillo" (Mexican) roll.

It sure was good and will be something we'll eat again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks good!
Praying in Seattle!
II Samuel 22:2-3 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

Suz said...

Oh yum, that does look delish! Where did you buy a bollilo in MN?

U.N. Mama said...

Suz, you can buy it at our Wal-mart :o)