Sunday, February 21, 2010

Our Sunday

One of the types of food we love around here is Barbecue. We absolutely love the chain of restaurants known as Famous Dave's. For those of you in Florida, or anywhere there is a Sonny's... well, we always liked Sonny's but Famous Dave's is ten times better in our humble opinion. hee hee

ANYWAY- a few weeks back, we found a good deal on brisket, and bought it. Yesterday evening, my dear hubby came up with his on rub for the brisket and cooked it in a crock pot from 4:40 p.m. until lunch today. It was GREAT! I made baked beans, corn on the cob and banana pudding. OF COURSE we had sweet tea!
We felt like we were at a restaurant and it was much more economical :o)

My boys sure enjoyed their corn on the cob and they will provide the pic(s) of the day:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it sounds good!
Continuing to lift up prayer!
Psalm 71:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me. Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.

Anonymous said...

I love how you have the paper towels on the table just like at Famous Daves! :)
Wen