Friday, November 17, 2006

A night I don't want to repeat

Cala came home yesterday from a field trip (a production of Charlotte's Web), very very tired. I thought it strange when she didn't even say hello to me, but opted to hit the couch and fell fast asleep!

When she woke up, she was hot, and I mean hot! She ran a high fever for a couple of hours, it came down, and all seemed well.

Now, I am a night owl, but ever since having to get up at 6:45 a.m., I have been falling asleep much earlier. Last night though, I was up a little later. I was actually just getting ready to go to bed, when at 1 a.m., Cala appears at our bedroom door, hot again. Her temp was not as high, but still too high. She slept in a sleeping bag, on our floor. Glenn got her some medicine, and I decided to stay up until I knew she was asleep and o.k. The time was 3:09 a.m. when Cala finally fell asleep. I was soon out.

Knock Knock-the time is now 5:00 a.m. and I hear Glenn up talking about getting back upstairs to your room. It was Ethan- he had wet his bed. sigh... Once he was settled back in (thank you Glenn!), we were all back asleep.

Then came 5:45 a.m.! I should interject here that since becoming a mother over five years ago, I can indeed be a light sleeper when it has to do with the kids. It's only increased since having the boys home, especially since Seth was just nine months old when we got him.

So, it was 5:45 a.m., and I looked up to see this cute brown face staring at me saying, "Mama, I caca." It was Seth (age 23 months now) saying he needed a diaper change. ha ha Too early for this, but I did my motherly duty... I hollered "Ethan! Bring me a diaper please!!!!!!" (oh yes.. Ethan had come downstairs with the baby). "Oh yes! Baby wipes of course."

I then sent Ethan back upstairs, back to bed. Wanting not to disturb Cala or Glenn (who had just fallen back asleep), I sat there in the dark, forgetting to turn on the light! ha ha I just remember saying, "Son, I hope you're truly clean, I can't see well in the dark, but that'll do until I'm back up." lol

Here's hoping tonight is much calmer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have a doctor look at Ethan to see if there's a medical reason for his bed-wetting.

C.C. said...

Happy Thanksgiving! God's blessings on you and yours as you thank Him for all He has given you!

U.N. Mama said...

Ethan is just 3 years old, and according to living in an orphanage prior to that... he would only be 2, not quite 3. (can run a year behind in developmental age). Therefore, I'm not a bit worried about the bed wetting. It's not nightly.