Wow! I didn't even realized that the last time I post was a week ago!!! Yikes! I do have someone who faithfully mentions when I lapse behind in posts :o)
Let's see... the reason for my not posting?! Uh, er, um... we could blame it on Cala's sickness. After she came home last Thursday and started running a high fever, we became concerned. You know, it hits me when my kids are sick, the lack of medical info we have on birth parents. It does make me a bit nervous not knowing possible things to look for. Add to that, that Cala has never been sick much through the past 5 and a half years, and well, I just hate seeing her so sick. It's in those times I realize how much I LOVE that girl! How much I am thankful that she's my daughter!!! I would have given anything to take that sickness for her.
We did take her to the doctor yesterday- she has a viral throat infection, but unfortunately no antibiotic would really help the doctor said. So, it's Children's Motrin, and Children's Tylenol for her. (and lots and lots of fluids). Cala, poor thing hasn't been able to swallow well, and so, her Thanksgiving was limited in what she felt like eating.
What else could I blame my absence on?! Um, um, uh... oh yes! It could be blamed on my doing so much more now for my family! This is a HAPPY thing! You see the past 2 weeks I was unable, due to a really bad flare up with fibromyalgia, to do much at all. Glenn really had to do everything- cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. etc. So, now that I can do these things again, I am so very happy to be doing so! I've been busy.
And then, there's the probable answer, the um, truth to my absence... my MEMORY! Because of fibro, I do have a horrible memory and simply have forgotten this blog! I will do better! I promise.. well, I promise, IF I remember! ha ha
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We do indeed have much to be thankful for... as a nation (as I have traveled much, and lived in foreign lands, I feel I can attest to this)- we have our faults, but we're still truly blessed to have soooo much! We have an abundance when many have nothing. We still indeed have our basic freedom.
Personally, I have much to be thankful for. I had wonderful parents growing up (and still do! They are still around :o)
I have a husband that loves me, truly in good times and in bad. He's seen the "in sickness and in health" lately.
I have three children, three precious precious children. Three children from three different heritages, and still my very own.
I am blessed.
1 comment:
dont know if we're supposed to be revealing anything but you should get a box from me soon which reveals where **I** live :)
Blog Pal
Post a Comment