
Today was my birthday! Now, having strep throat, it has not been the most usual of birthdays. Yet, still it was a good one! This morning, I slept as late as I wanted to... was awake at 5, stayed up about an hour, back in bed until around 9. That was good. My parents called, then my inlaws, and soon it was gift time. My husband and my kids gave me some nice things that I had wanted for quite some time. I sat there thinking how very blessed I am.
This afternoon, we took Cala to a birthday party for her best friend from school. We braved frigid temps- windchills of -30! We were just glad she got to go as these two have become very close. Feeling badly, but not wanting to use the gas to come all the way home (35 miles) and back, we went to eat lunch and kill a couple of hours before picking up Cala.
We came home and had a nice, quiet afternoon and evening. My niece that I refer to as the "oldest of the younger set of nieces/nephews" called. (she's 15). Then, my actual oldest niece called. (she's almost 29). It was nice talking to both of them.
After a supper of pizza, it was time for cake and ice cream (Seth's favorite part was all the chocolate icing on the cake! ha). After supper, an "old" friend of mine called, and we talked for near an hour! That was really nice. We were best friends throughout junior high/high school. Then as life happened, even though we kept tabs on one another, we really didn't keep in touch. This year, on her birthday (she's just 10 days older than I am!), I tracked her down. She called me tonight, and it was nice to "re-connect". I look forward to staying in touch with her again.
She has kept tabs on most of our old friends so it's fun to hear about what everyone has become. Funny to think back to some who are leading totally different lives than they had planned.
Oh! I tried today to call my 11 year old niece. She wasn't home however. She's my namesake- born 11 years ago today on my 25th birthday.
Yep, I'm now 36.
4 comments:
Glad to hear your birthday was filled with happiness! May it be an indication of what the next year has in store.
spb
Sorry I missed your birthday. I hope you managed to blow out all of your candles!
I am so gald you had a good day. I am really sorry I missed your birthday. I has be crazy at my house. I love you. Thank you for being my friend. Love Andrea
Happy Birthday a couple days late. Glad you had a good time.
Post a Comment