Living in Russia, we had plenty of snow. Life there truly prepared us for life here. What we didn't have to do there though was shovel. Living in apartment buildings, right in the city, there was no snow accumulation to speak of.... it never required us to shovel... clean off the car, pray the car battery worked (many times it did not!), and that was that.While life here of course is easier than life in Russia, the shoveling is, well, a new experience. We are praising the Lord today though because two men showed up one by one to clear the snow FOR us... what would have easily taken us 4 hours, took them 30 minutes with their handy dandy snow throwers. (we have got to get us one of those! It honestly looked fun :o)
Oh yes! Glenn was able to invite these men to church. I believe God sent those men. They each live in houses down our same road, but we had never seen either of them before today.
What a blessing they were to us!
We ended up with 18 inches of snow, but with snow drifts of up to 30! I must admit the snow is simply beautiful. I am ready to get out, having been in the entire weekend, but it was nice in ways to be in, knowing we were safe and had everything we could need since we were well prepared.
Glenn made a path (took 45 minutes) before the men showed up, and was throwing the snow to the yard... Cala was playing in the yard, and neither knew what was going on, so this is the result.....


The snow he threw hit her, knocking her down. She got a big laugh out of that once she was back up.
The boys stayed put inside, enjoying watching the whole thing from the family room window (which is pretty much covered with snow).
Once we got back inside, we went upstairs to check out the latest accumulation on our deck. Ethan modeled that for us:
A few minutes later, the kids enjoyed getting out on the deck to play (of course after Glenn cleared it just a bit).
Seth came in pretty soon because big sister Cala insisted on throwing snow his way. He just wasn't too happy about that!


5 comments:
Oh it looks like so much fun!
It's going to be 77* here and flowers blooming everywhere - crazy stuff! It's still winter - hello!
I'm going to hop and plane and come play, ok??
Oh I forget - I love your new blog template. Did you make it??
No, I did not make it. Something I would like to learn how to make, but don't yet know :o) It was made by Zoots- at the bottom left, there is a link that says so I believe.
Love that you got snow. My Seth (not quite two) is fierce outside and usually sends one of the bigger kids into fits as he pushes them down in the snow. Personally, I'm VERY thankful for the rain we're getting which is melting the 15 inches we got a couple weeks ago. Bring on spring!
Yep, we got the snow too. First it was an ice storm then the snow. About 10 or so inches of the white stuff. I am sure we would both love to send any amount to anyone who wants some. We are to get several more inches this week too. We are just south of the MInnesota line.
Post a Comment