Sunday, February 18, 2007

So Precious, my daughter

Saturdays- we call them our "sleepin' day" around here. Simply put- we don't set the alarm at all that day and get up when we get up! Throughout the week, Glenn, Cala and I all are up early (much earlier than this night owl would like), and so we all three appreciate Saturdays.

Cala doesn't appreciate too much that her brothers wake her up if they're up first. :o/ It's just they love her so much I tell her! lol She really loves playing with them but on Saturdays like yesterday, she comes to me saying, "Mama! I thought we told these boys not to wake me up!" Of course when suggesting that she can now go back to bed, she wouldn't hear of it! "Mama, I want to play!"

This is where the precious part comes in.... yesterday morning, Glenn and I had been awake awhile and were sitting on the bed. Glenn was working on his laptop- I was reading a magazine or something. In walks Cala asking if she could "borrow" some of the rose petals I had for Valentine's Day decorations. I said, "o.k" wondering what her latest "project" was that her imagination came up with! ha ha

About 10 minutes passed when downstairs she comes, carrying my Russian serving tray, two fancy glasses with milk in them, two granola bars, two peanut butter cookies, and two graham crackers! Oh yes... the rose petals were placed decoratively around the tray :o) This was for "Papa and Mama".

WHAT a sweetheart this child is! I will remember that the next time her imagination causes trouble! lol

3 comments:

Jenni said...

That is so thoughtful! Your daughter sounds like a sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Just heard your latest mini-present was delayed. I'll have to think of something else. Hmm...

Deb said...

That is just so precious. What a great daughter.