Ever had a day that started out well but ended up terrible? I sure have today! This morning we were taking our time here at my inlaws getting some much needed washing done, etc. This afternoon- well, all bets were off!
I carried my oldest brother, his wife and their two youngest children somewhere and on our way back, my van broke down. We were on a very, very busy highway in the middle of rush hour traffic! Ugghh. A tow truck was called and off we went. We actually had a blast as the tow truck (an acquaintance of ours for many years) hooked the van up and towed us home to the tune of $45. Ok, so spending $ is not a blast, but the ride home was. It was a much needed laugh really as we were "way up high" going through town.
I am soooo praying it's not the transmission as it might very well be. We were hoping this van would last us a couple of more years before having to buy another one. Now, at the point of desperation, a.k.a. no money!, we pray for God to show us what to do.
I do praise the Lord that the van didn't do this tonight when I would be traveling through some dark roads with the boys on the way to my inlaws. I certainly praise His name that it didn't take place traveling from Minnesota or to there! What a mess that would be! Things could definitely be worse!
My father in law came by to get us on his way home from work. I asked if he could stay 10 minutes as I was just getting ready to get in the shower and so he did. I got dressed and realized that the pair of jeans I put on- the zipper is broken! ughhh.... I had to laugh as this afternoon when we started out in the van, my sister in law asked if I realized the dress I had on had a hole in the seam around my waist! Ughhh....
As for my Daddy- well, he called me in the room right before I left there tonight... Ethan (my 4 year old son) had come in there and said, 'Grandpa, I'm going to miss you." Thinking Ethan was talking about when he went to his other grandparents house, my Daddy said, "I'll miss you too, son." Ethan replied, "no, no...I miss you when you go to Heaven." The tears streamed down my Daddy's face! (mine too as he told me about it). I then told Daddy that I just am not ready to let him go, and he said, "I know... you never really will be."
1 comment:
Praying right now!
Psalms 23:1-3 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Post a Comment