Daddy did it... he preached from his bed. Now, let me back up and say the devil sure must be after us! I took my parents' van to pick up my mother in law for church (father in law stops by church on Wed. on his way in from work). When I cranked the van (after stopping at my inlaws), it wouldn't crank! (Remember MY van is shot!?). As my mother in law was on the phone with her brother asking him to run us three (my mil, me and my oldest brother) to church, my brother was praying and I got it cranked (but putting it in neutral, cranking and then going!).
Sure enough, once we got to church, it wouldn't go again. Oh well! We made it. Do pray concerning all these van troubles. I said if my inlaws' car cut off on the way home (since I was driving), I was done!
Back to Daddy: he preached concerning, "In My Father's House". I taped it on cassette as well as I called Glenn and he and Cala put it on speaker phone and were able to hear the sermon! (got to love that!) I believe all who heard were touched by the subject matter and the fact it was preached by a dying man who will soon see all these things he was talking about. He closed by asking us to sing the hymn, "How Beautiful Heaven Must Be".
In other happy news: 16 years ago today, Glenn and I started dating. We both remembered. We always do :o)
5 comments:
((((HUGS)))) Amy. I am glad that your dad got to preach tonight and that you were able to record it. I know this is a very bittersweet time for you and your family. My daddy died 14 years ago and I remember many, many nights of sitting beside his bed. No matter how old you are, how old your parent is or how much we "think" we are prepared.....it is so hard to watch them suffer and grow weaker. I pray you will be able to get some rest for your body and soul. It is emotionally and physically draining to be in your situation. Please know that you all are in our thoughts and prayers.
In His Love, Denise in PA (PW List)
Happy 16th first date anniversary! Wow, I don't remember my first date with Ed...
That sermon must have really been something. Some of my all time favorite verses.......
Lifting your family up in prayer right now!
Psalms 3:2-5 Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.
Can never go wrong sharing these wonderful words. Praying!
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Reading Isaiah today and these words brought such a wonderful picture to my mind...oh for that glorious rest! Still praying!
Isaiah 11:1-2, 10 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD...And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
What a comfort to know that we have a dear Father to go to in prayer! Praying right now!
Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Post a Comment