This morning was terrible- the worst thing yet. I know the most terrible will be hearing, "Come on, it's time." And then the actual death of my Daddy. Today was heart wrenching. I am still not able to talk about it... just know I need your prayers.
I know I am not without hope- I can rejoice in the fact that my Daddy will soon have a new home- a heavenly one and he will be in no pain. He'll be able to walk, even be able to run! That's incredible and I rejoice in that. I still know that the human side of me is devastated at my loss... the loss of my earthly father.
I will post more when I'm able. We are traveling with our 9 year old niece along. She'll be with us for 18 days. That makes our 9 year old daughter very happy! They've talked non-stop all day.
7 comments:
Know that I'm still here praying!
Isaiah 49:13-16a Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted. But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands...
Praying right now, especially for safe travels!
Psalms 121:1-8 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
You make it home yet?!
A friend sent me this passage today and I thought it was especially good. There's nothing more comforting in life than knowing the source of our salvation. Know that I'm still praying!
Romans 3:21-26 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
This is a long section but the words are really special and comforting and special. Continuing to pray!
Psalms 86:1-7 Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee. Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily. Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
Am sharing two verses today. The second verse is God's own interpretation of the first verse. When dealing with all the "floods" and vehement winds beating upon us, there is only One Sure Foundation. Praying so as you face these "floods."
Luke 6:48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
1 Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
You've gotta be home by now, right?
Praying right now!
Psalms 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Had this passage in my Bible reading this morning so had to share it. It's just so special, especially considering when it was written. Praying!
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Post a Comment