Thursday, October 09, 2008

Dates

It was on this date (October 9th, 1993) that I miscarried our first baby. Evan would now be 14 years old. That's incredible to me!

It was on this date 13 weeks ago that my life felt like it stopped when my Daddy died. It will be 3 months tomorrow.

An incredible thought is this- my Daddy knows his grandchildren that he never knew here on earth. I am jealous of him! He knows my children that I never met. Evan would be our oldest- our next baby that I miscarried 10 years later would be younger than Cala AND Ethan.

I can see the ultimate "Romans 8:28 moment" in this- it working for good... without the miscarriages, we wouldn't have our precious children. Of course I long to know them, but can you imagine this?! Heaven is all they've ever known!!!! Wow!

For today, my song playing is called "Glory Baby" by the group, Watermark. It was written after their own miscarriage. An online friend sent it to me many years ago, following my second miscarriage. (Thank you, C.C.).

In 1988, President Ronald Reagan declared October as National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Month. Please take a moment on October 15th to pray for those of us grieving our babies.

This year, at Mother's Day, I received a very special gift. For years now I wanted a way to keep my babies close but of course how was I going to do this?! A ring I decided. This year, Glenn surprised me by having me pick out a ring in memory of Evan and Faith. The inscription of their names are each side... the stones are the birth stones for the months (September for Faith, October for Evan) that they were born into heaven. For that, truly became their birth day! It just so happens that September is a dark blue, and October a pink- so it serves a double purpose of boy and girl. AND no, I truly don't know 100 percent if they were a boy or a girl, two boys or two girls... it's just a feeling I always had.

For the memorial website I made years ago, go to http://www.angelfire.com/blues2/evanfaith

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't get a card out to you today...am actually on a mini-vacation with my husband so am at a hotel right now. The internet connection is kinda iffy. Know that I'm always here praying, but especially today as you miss your precious Evan! Am so glad C.C. shared that special song. I've loved Watermark ever since.
Isaiah 53:3-5 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.