Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Ethan


Here's Ethan from football practice yesterday evening. If you notice his mouth looking funny, it's because he has a mouth piece (guard) in. He soooo loves football, and will be sad for it to end. (at the end of this month).
Football for Ethan has been a confidence booster- he loves hearing us holler, "go, Ethan go! Get that flag!!!" Or, "Run, Ethan, RUN!" He's super excited the times he actually did get a flag.
Ethan though could use your prayers as could we. You see, he was recently diagnosed with RAD- Reactive Attachment Disorder. I know that many kids are mis-diagnosed, simply labeled, but with Ethan, we have researched and researched and simply knew something was "wrong." Through his therapy sessions we have all (Glenn, me and the therapist) come to the conclusion that it's RAD. Now we continue his therapy (it's in the form of therapeutic play) as well as us educating ourselves all we can on how to best parent the little guy. He needs your prayers! Please pray for me as well as much of his rage is aimed at me. Oh how I long for him to realize how much I actually do LOVE him!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you!
Psalms 46:1-5 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

Anonymous said...

Praying hard for Ethan!

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to let you know I'm still here praying!
Psalms 46:10-11 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.