Monday, October 06, 2008

Scriptures (Sunday Post)

First off: I created a Play list of some songs that mean a lot to me, especially the first one, "Finally Home". If you choose not to listen to them, simply scroll down and on the right you will see my playlist. You can click on the first small button to mute it.

When I was a kid, you could ask me and as long as I can remember, my favorite scripture was John 14:1-4 where it begins, "In my house are many mansions..."

Then as I had things happen, beginning this time of year back in 1991, Romans 8:28 jumped out at me and quickly became the verse that I would cling to (and still do) throughout the years! ("For we know that all things work together for good...")

This morning, (Sunday), during Sunday School, Glenn was teaching and read a verse that in my Bible had another reference to go read. Somehow or another, I happened upon the verse that I have added up there under my blog title- Micah 7:8. It states, "Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." I have read that over and over and love how it paints a picture of me right now.

As I travel through this journey, this battle with depression, I am not without hope. I realize that I may fall, but I will one day be back on top. I sit in darkness (in depression) at the moment, but at some point, the light will be back in my life. I am confident of that. I wish it was now, and I am trying to climb out. I know though that the hurt I feel at losing my Daddy, at then losing my beloved cousin, at then dealing with the deaths of others, well... that hurt won't always be there. It's real, so very real right now, but I praise Him for the promise that He's still there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is kinda creepy...I picked this passage before I came here! Obviously a favorite of mine, too.
Know I'm always praying!
John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.