Friday, October 03, 2008

This Day in (terrible) history....

To read more about this day in history back in 1991, read http://minnesota-mama.blogspot.com/2006/10/unforgettable-time-of-year.html which I wrote in 2006. It explains why I always seem to struggle a bit on October 3rd.

Then to read what happened on this date one year ago today, read this post: http://minnesota-mama.blogspot.com/2007/10/life-upside-down.html .

What struck me today was that it is the first October 3rd that I can't call Daddy if I'm sad, or actually he would have called me and said, "I remember what today is and am checking to see how you're doing." He even did that last year even with the news he got on this day!

I always know to prepare something for October 3rd, something to keep my mind occupied. For weeks, Cala and I have had a girls night planned for tonight! Glenn and the boys had a reading program thing to go to for fathers and their kids from ages 3 to 7. Since Cala is older than that, we planned to spend some girl time together. What absolute FUN we had this evening! We were gone from 4:30 to 9:20 or so. The guys left same time as we did, and returned 5 minutes later.

God was really good to me to allow me a day of good things. Yes, there's been tears, and a lot of sadness, but I am thankful tonight for my daughter and how crazy acting she is! (you just have to know her to know how I mean that- she's a comedian). We had a blast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am glad you were able to do something special today.
May the Lord give you rest! Praying!
Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.