Cala just came running downstairs from her bed to say, "Mama and Papa, I forgot to tell you that _____ said today that she may be moving too! That she probably will be moving!" I asked, "WHAT?! Are you sure?! Are you joking?! Are you sure ____ being serious?!" You see, Cala was near tears and with good reason for a 10 year old.
When we first moved here, a little over 2 years ago, across the street were 2 kids that Cala was in between them in age. They showed up at our door that first day to ask if they could play with our daughter. They became friends. Those kids just moved last week (along with their family of course!). This was due to a lost job and losing the house :o( (as is becoming so very common it seems).
On one side of them lived a family with I think it was 3 kids who played with Cala from time to time until the parents divorced and they all left. Last year in June, a family with 3 kids (all not far in age from Cala) moved in. They became friends (especially the middle boy) with Cala.... they are now leaving soon due to divorce! (that house has a theme?!). The man will be keeping the house in that case though, but the children are moving far away. (this is their step-father).
Now, next to us on one side lives a child that plays with Cala from time to time but we haven't seen nor heard from him in quite some time. There appears to be no one there. AND now this... this latest one to tell Cala they are moving- well, she's just in tears at the thought- asking why everyone is moving?!
I told Glenn it made me want to go outside and hug our house, holding on to it!
I have begun praying for good neighbors with kids to play with for our kids. We have been blessed so far with good neighbors, so I sure pray that continues.
Cala called us the lonely neighborhood.
3 comments:
Internet went out last night! Oh does that throw me off!
Here praying hard!
Isaiah 43:1-3a But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour...
Continuing to pray so very hard!
Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
Know that I'm praying!
John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Post a Comment