Friday, October 27, 2006

It's true... I'm still here :o)

Wow! I've not been this long without blogging in a while! No excuses, just one thing after another I guess keeping me from it!

I'll not try to "re-hash" everyday just will say this: We had a great time with my inlaws, and are very much looking forward to them coming back in the middle part of December. They'll be here two weeks then, and that will include Christmas.

A couple of days ago, we had to apply for our Minnesota driver's license. We had to take a written test. We were allowed to miss 8 questions. Glenn missed 8. I missed 10! Boo-hoo. So, yesterday, I was not sure if I would go re-try or not as I was having a very rough time with fibro. At the last possible moment before having to absolutely get ready in time to make it, I decided to go! I'm glad I did! I had a different test that time, and passed, missing 7. Now, in Florida, it's never possible to turn left on a red light, but it is in Minnesota. AND how much space should you give someone on a bicycle when wanting to pass them?! Well, here in Minnesota, it's 3 feet. I had originally answered a car's length. I was trying to be nice! ha ha

Yes, I do feel like quite the expert at this point on Minnesota driving laws. I will receive my license in the mail- in 4 to 6 weeks. (in Florida, you get them on the spot, so this was new to me, but alas, "we ain't in Florida anymore!" lol). Glenn will get his in a couple of weeks they said- different city/different county where I went yesterday. (the original place was closed yesterday but suggested I go to this other city).

Yesterday evening, I went to Cala's school for a parent/teacher conference. That was really nice and this teacher has really studied a lot on things that pertain to Cala. I am so confident that Cala is right where she needs to be. This school is refreshing, very much on top of things!

That's about it for now. Hope all is well with ya'll! I hope to soon post some pictures- Glenn cut all the kids' hair yesterday. That was quite comical.

2 comments:

C.C. said...

Glad you were able to get your license! :-)

Unknown said...

Crap. I still need to have mine replaced. Lost it when y car got broken into at Fort Snelling. Think you'd be safe at a place with "Fort" in the name...