We are all sick in this house to varying degrees, still ! Well, our 3 year old, Ethan is not! Got to appreciate the orphanage building the immune system. Cala was this way for a couple of years, not catching anything, and STILL (five and a half years later), she rarely gets sick.
Anyway, all meals have been as low key as possible. I am feeling much better than I was, thank the Lord, but Glenn just got this mess on Saturday. I'm praying he's better tomorrow. Due to my fibro, it takes me much longer to get over things, so perhaps his illness will be better much sooner!
SO, lunch was peanut butter and jelly on Saturday, the day Glenn first started feeling sick. I was struck down with a bad headache, near migraine and Glenn took care of lunch. Remembering the boys' doctor in Florida said no peanuts for Seth until age 3, especially since we have limited medical history of the biological family, play it safe. So, Glenn said, "what do you think? I know what the doctor said, but remember that incident a couple of months ago?" I agreed and said, "sure, let him try it."
Now, before you go berating me for giving my child something potentially harmful, wait around for the "rest of the story." You see, two months ago, I was sitting in my parents' living room (in Florida), and Seth was right behind me. I was sitting up on the edge of the couch, and he was literally right behind me, his back against the couch, his feet touching my back. My purse was also on the couch, next to Seth.
Being the major chocolate addict that I am, I had an emergency pack (lol) of peanut M&Ms in my purse. I was ever intent on the show I was watching, and did not hear Seth open that pack of candy. (my purse is toooo easy to open without anyone hearing, so that part is very understandable).
By the time I looked back to see if Seth was asleep, since he was so quiet, it was too late. I sure wish I had a camera at that exact moment. He looked up at me with those big, deep, dark eyes like a deer caught in the headlights! ha ha His lips were stuck out, because his mouth was FULL of those peanut M&Ms, and then it happened! His eyes lit up as if to say, "Mama, this stuff is goooood". He was unable to say anything as there was no room in his mouth! ha He had stuffed nearly the entire pack in his mouth, but ever so quietly so as not to alert his Mama.
Then, we waited... waited to see if by chance he would have an allergic reaction, but thankfully, he did not. He hasn't had anything with peanut since, not until a couple of days ago, when Papa gave him his first ever peanut butter and (grape) jelly sandwich. Glenn said Seth got excited looking and looked at Glenn and said, "Papa, this good!" lol
That baby knows a good thing when he tries it!
2 comments:
oh, Amy! I can just see that face, with m and m induced chipmonk cheeks!
I'm sorry you all have the yuck. I have heard airborne is good at the first sign. I need to get some.
I'm really enjoying your blog!
Amy,
I missed a few days of your blog, so I'm catching up and have really enjoyed your creative writing as I get to further know you and your children.
Julie
Post a Comment