Just wanted everyone to know I haven't forsaken the blog, just way busy with my inlaws here. They are wonderful people, and I feel very blessed to have them as my inlaws! I know people who absolutely do not get along with theirs, and I think that's awful! I feel sad for them. My inlaws are like another set of parents. They really are. I've known them since I was just a baby.
We've been keeping the roads hot here, even took them almost 2 hours away to a cheese factory in Wisconsin! Yes, we are dedicated cheese lovers.
Today they got to see snow. Now, to a Floridian, that's a real treat. To a Floridian who has since lived in Russia for years with countless measures of snow fall, it's not so thrilling. I do admit I love to watch it, but not to the extent of those who rarely see it. (never in their home area, that's for sure). I was happy for them to see snow coming down, even though it was too wet to stick. I assured them not to worry, for there will be plenty of the white stuff coming down and on the ground when they return in December.
Tomorrow is yet another day of hitting the road. This time, we are heading to North Dakota at least. This is a new state to all of us, so I am happy about that! We may go into South Dakota too, not yet sure.
I know one thing... it will be sad around here when the grandparents leave on Saturday. I will assure everyone that Christmas time will be here before we know it!
2 comments:
ahem, Upper Michigan is not THAT far away either (hint hint ;)
From my calculations (and help of Mapquest- ha ha), it's almost 8 hours to you. Overnight trip sometime?! Maybe. :o)
Post a Comment