I thought over the course of the next few posts, I would share some pictures from the past six weeks- Tonight we will start with my inlaws being here, and us going to South Dakota....
Cala and her Grandpa (Glenn's dad) pan for gold in Deadwood, South Dakota. Cala absolutely loved it!Of course she has her Grandpa wrapped around her little finger! Today in fact while talking to him on the phone, she said, "When I am a teenager I am coming to visit... I want all my toys gone and teenager clothes hanging up, maybe some make up and some jewelry- earrings would be great!" ha ha What a character.... she turns 9 in October!
Glenn, Cala and I in South Dakota. Scenery is beautiful there! We thoroughly enjoyed seeing the mountains, the lakes, the wildlife, etc.
All of us stood in awe of Mt. Rushmore, even the boys still talk about "Mt. Mushmore". I certainly hope to one day go back there! It's one of those places you just HAVE to go see!

And finally, something I know at least one of my faithful readers (hey my brother Ted!) will appreciate as I think I got it from him! ha..... We realized not only were we an hour or so from Wyoming which we had previously visited, but my inlaws had not- we were not that far from the Montana line, which we had never set foot in. SO, we just HAD to go! Sure next year we have a trip planned to Washington state for an associational meeting, and Montana will be thoroughly visited, but could we wait?! Pass up an opportunity to be able to say we had been there?! Of course not! And so, we drove through mile after mile of country, seeing antelope after antelope along the way (that was really cool!), and made it to Montana! The little town across the line was Alzada, a true "spot" in the road, but I am proud to say I now have a magnet that actually says, "Alzada, MT" on it with a picture of an aforementioned antelope! :o) Visit again this week for some more pictures...
Next up: pictures from our time "back home" in Florida.
No comments:
Post a Comment