Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Such Deep Sadness

This morning as we left my parents' home, I was consumed by such sadness. It is getting harder and harder to leave, the older I get. (and they get too of course). I now that God has us away for a reason, and I don't regret that a bit. I am happy in Minnesota and wouldn't dream of living anywhere else since this is where God wants us. There was just a moment when I was saying goodbye this morning, I wanted to be a little girl again, holding on to my Daddy's t-shirt, knowing that I was safe as long as he was there.

I must have cried a good two hours as we drove and a bit more throughout the day. Tonight, we are in Chattanooga, TN, had a good evening. We all went swimming as soon as we got in the motel. We went to supper, returned to our room and enjoyed some time together.

Tomorrow, I am excited to be able to meet two different women I know online! They are both members of an online "yahoogroup" I moderate. One, we will meet in Kentucky as we are passing right close to her home, and the other, in Illinois- we will meet her tomorrow night.

The bed is calling.....

No comments: