Sunday, July 01, 2007

No Good News, no difinitive news yet

Unfortunately, I didn't get the "A O.K." I was hoping for.... of course, if I had gone in and heard all blood work was normal, I wouldn't exactly be happy either, so what was I hoping for?! I guess I'm just plain frustrated right now. If I had been told all was o.k. through blood work, the dr. still would have insisted I go to a specialist because as she said, "something isn't right". I know something isn't right- I feel it- I can tell my symptoms are worse. sigh.....

Some of my blood work came back suggesting that something else is at play- whether it be Lupus or some other autoimmune disease (of which there are many!), we don't yet know. I won't know until I can get on insurance and go to the specialists in Minnesota. We plan to have insurance in the next few weeks, so that's good. I pray all is "o.k." until then.

I only know I want to be well- well for myself to enjoy life- well for my husband and well for my kids!

My doctor wants me to have thorough exams to watch for cancer since our family has, sadly, a bad history of various cancers- my Daddy has prostate cancer, my cousin has colon cancer, an uncle died with Leukemia (which thankfully- all initial tests show I don't have that, praise the Lord!)- two or three of my aunts have (or have had) breast cancer, one had ovarian cancer... the list goes on. SO, I will do my part and get screened for everything when I have insurance! Sad that I'm not rich, huh? I would be hooked up to every possible test, believe me! hee

For now though- my next step is to find a rheumatologist who can further pinpoint what is my diagnosis- Lupus or ?! We will wait and see. Keep praying! (and if anyone is reading this in the Twin Cities Metro area or St. Cloud or general areas- do you know of a good rheumy?)

1 comment:

Suz said...

You know I'm praying up a storm for you!