Daddy is home now. He came home (by ambulance) last night. My brother and I spent yesterday afternoon breaking down Mom and Dad's bed, cleaning their room (dusting, etc.) and then someone came to install a hospital bed. Turns out the hospital bed is hard as a rock and miserable. As I write this, the home health nurse is here and she will be told about the bed. Hopefully another one can be ordered. This one appears to be super old.
Side note: The doctors suggested Hospice but for whatever reason, Daddy doesn't want them yet. In these matters, of course we are letting him decide. (at this point). I think he's overwhelmed really.
By night time I was honestly ready to collapse. Thank the Lord for my inlaws taking care of the boys. They spent the night there and I picked them up early this morning.
Emotionally, I am I guess what you would call, "spent". I think at this point I am past crying, although that's probably not true either, as singing a song this past Wednesday night (at church) reduced me to tears. There are just so many strange emotions going on, and they can change daily, even hourly.
3 comments:
{{{Amy}}}
I have been looking daily for an update...and am so glad to see one. I think of you often. The emotions you are experiencing are truly truly normal. Thank you for taking the time to update. {{{hugs}}}
sharon in alabama :)
Praying for you Amy!!! I hate you are having to go through this. I'm glad your brother is there, and your in-laws for the boys. I love you and will keep you in my prayers,
Love,
Detra
Matt 19:26
Oh how I hope you can get a better mattress! If not there's something called an egg shell thing that's made out of foam that can be put on the mattress to make it better.
Still praying!
Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Post a Comment