Today was what I guess you could call a "Mental Health Day". One of my brothers and I (the middle brother) took the boys to yard sales. How can that be relaxing you ask? I simply love yard sales/garage sales or carport sales as a dear departed soul used to call them, whatever you choose to say, I love them! It is not often that I have someone with me that enjoys them as much as my brother seemed to today! We enjoyed some laughs and it really did serve to take our mind off of everything.
We didn't even find what we set out looking for- a car seat for our oldest brother's baby girl and a bed or roll away for my Mama (to sleep in the same room with my Daddy since he is now here in a hospital bed). Any other day I would see car seat after car seat but not so today! I saw a wonderful bed get sold for just $10 (yes, it was a great bed) right as we pulled up to one sale! We will keep looking.
I did come back with some toys for the boys. That served to keep them more occupied and they even behaved better today.
As for my brother? Well, he started the morning thanking me for giving him a new hobby as he was really enjoying the yard sales. He ended the day however, saying he would not be returning next week as he simply bought too much "junk". HA HA! He was hilarious.
I think I'll get him in the van next Friday!
7 comments:
Glad you had such a good time today! And hey, if your brother gets enough junk he can have a garage sale of his own! :o)
These words always give me such great comfort. Know that I'm still here and still praying so hard!
1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
Continuing to pray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 Corinthians 1:3-5 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
No matter what happens, keep your eyes on the Lord! Know that I'm praying!
Psalms 125:1-2 They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever. As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about his people from henceforth even for ever.
Catching up on a few old posts. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I'll be praying for him and the family.
I'm glad you were able to have a relaxing fun day this weekend.
Praying as always!
Isaiah 40:28-29, 31 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength...But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Praying right now.
Deuteronomy 31:8 And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.
Always take everything to the Lord. He never gets tired of hearing from us! Praying!
Psalms 71:3 Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.
Post a Comment