Saturday, July 05, 2008

4th of July (Friday) post

We had a very nice 4th of July! I am super late writing this post because of it! For supper, Glenn grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. It was our family (including my niece of course). At 8 p.m., a family from church came by and we followed them to another (larger) city for fireworks that began at 10. It took about 20 minutes to get there, and then we sat our chairs and blankets in our desired spot and enjoyed some great fellowship. They had brought along sandwiches and other goodies and I brought a favorite dessert that I make. (and of course we all had brought bottled water in a cooler).

These fireworks were truly the best (or just as good) that I have seen in my life, and my life includes many times seeing Disney World's display. I am very happy we went!

We got home about 11, got the kids to bed, and my niece, my husband and I sat up until just now playing a new game we bought a couple of days ago- called, "Take the Train."

As for my parents... my Mama really can use your prayers. She had watched a video today from 1994--- in it, my Daddy and I were at our church homecoming, singing together, "He is Here." It served to make her sad for those days. Strangely enough I believe it must have been about 1994 when Daddy had radioactive seed implants to stave off the cancer.

Hope your 4th was good.

No comments: