Saturday, July 19, 2008

Back in Florida

We made it back "home" (where I grew up) to Florida, this evening... went out for supper with my inlaws, and then, well then... I got sick. Not sure that this is just emotions or the unknown illness I deal with (and YES! I WILL be getting in touch with a rheumatologist when I get back to Minnesota!)... whatever it is, I feel rough.

Glenn unfortunately feels strange too. I think the whole whirlwind trips have taken their toll on us. You have to remember that a little over a month ago, we came from Minnesota to Florida, then back to Minnesota, back to Florida last week, then to South Carolina, back to FLorida now. In that time frame also, our van's transmission went out (covered by warranty, BUT we have to come up with the $500 plus towing fees, only God knows from where), and then the car we were using of my inlaws- we had to replace a tire on that while in Georgia... replaced that this morning. Of course in that time frame, we saw my Daddy really close to death, got here AFTER his death, went through two viewings, two funerals, and here we are.

I think the stress, the grief, the finances are just weighing us down. I know God is there, just really really need Him to step in big time now.

I really missed my boys, but we had to send them back to my inlaws for the night- unable to take care of them really tonight. They don't mind- they love spending time there and they were happy to see their sister. (she's with them too).

This house seems so strange without Daddy. I realize that won't change for many years to come. It's just surreal right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, with everything you've gone through it's no wonder you'd have a flair up of whatever....
Was thinking a lot about these verses lately so thought I'd share them. Praying hard!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.