Monday, July 07, 2008

Monday

Today we went looking at a lake we were interested in knowing about. We had been told it was a clear lake with a nice beach area. We went to check it out to see if it was conducive to baptizing. (as one of the ones who joined yesterday was a 9 year old girl who has been saved but not baptized). We are not so sure it will be. SO, the search continues.

This afternoon I went to Wal-mart to pick up just a few things while my niece was cooking supper for us! Her Mom is Mexican and so my niece said she knew how to make a Mexican breakfast, so we had her do that for our supper. I enjoyed the time away alone, and I enjoyed not cooking.

Tomorrow we have the Backyard Bible Club here at our home and then we are heading out for an overnight. See, our anniversary is the 24th of this month and we really feel like we may be in the middle of Daddy's death, funeral, travel, aftermath of it all, or whatever... and so, we decided to go tomorrow night while my niece is still here. Last year while she was here, we promised her that THIS year we would take her to the Mall of America and so we are doing that. We have a free hotel stay (through having enough points with this chain), and they have a free shuttle to the Mall. SO, we are taking the kids and our niece and having a fun time tomorrow night and Wednesday morning.

I'll take the laptop with me tomorrow, so hopefully I'll post from there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful time!!!!!!!!!
Know that I'm continuing to pray!

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.