Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Last Couple of Days

I am finding I prefer to update daily because now I have two days to type out! ha

My aches are more or less better- terrible headache today but that's gone, praise the Lord! (we were working on lots of "after death" stuff and it really can be overwhelming!)

Yesterday, Ethan was set to go to the doctor as a follow up to his ER visit (strep throat) last week. However, because he seemed to be all better, I called and got it set up for Cala to take that appointment, because she found a "lump" under her right arm, on Friday evening... it got larger as the days went on. I love our insurance. Really I do... I called and had it all set up as to where she could be seen down here and they agreed. Because of the whole thing of first setting it up for Ethan, changing it to Cala thing, it entailed a few phone calls.

SO, I get Cala to the doctor's office yesterday (where I went when I lived here), only to be told "oh! That insurance won't pay us." I insisted they would, and then was led to a part of the building I never knew existed to talk with who I suppose is in charge of billing.... "that insurance is no good here." I say, "yes, it is." "No, it's not." "Yes, it is." I insure the woman that I had been on the phone with my insurance company, and they were all set to pay it. She insists no matter what, she knows they won't. "You have to go to an Urgent Care type of place, not a primary care physician", blah blah blah ad nauseum. (always wanted to use that phrase, "ad nauseum"- lol). I ended up very, very VERY upset (I confess I was more upset than I even understand), and home we came.

Long story short (too late you're saying), I found a place that readily accepted Cala- and took her this morning. Diagnosis? CAT SCRATCH "DISEASE" (aka "cat scratch fever- she had a low grade fever last night and tonight)! The doctor says that probably it's from our own cat, that the symptoms many times don't unfold for 2 to 3 weeks. Cala's response? "Evil pest". ha I said, "Cala, she really doesn't care for being dressed up all the time!" Cala is now on an antibiotic. (two kids on antibiotics at the same time- CAN my fibromyalgia laden memory keep up?!).

And then... there's our van... our dear, tired van... was supposed to be ready today. The mechanic says tomorrow. He also says he is going to drive it 30 to 40 miles to make sure it's really working- good plan dear mechanic! I sure hope it's set to go tomorrow so we can get home this weekend!!! Cala is to be at camp Monday morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I can understand why you'd get so upset with everything you've been through...hope she feels better soon!
As for the van...just what it needs! Yet another 30-40 more miles on it!
Trust in the Lord and His grace! Continuing to pray hard!
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful word picture: The Lord holding you by your right hand! Praying for comfort and peace whatever the future holds.
Psalms 73:23-26 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.