Ethan (age 5) woke up this morning saying his throat was hurting, his stomach was too and he just didn't feel good.
By 11 a.m., Glenn said Ethan was burning up. Sure enough- a temp of 102.3. I called our insurance which instructed me to head to the ER- he had a temp of 102.5 by then....Ethan and I were at the ER from noon to 4:35 p.m.! We then took the 3 prescriptions to the drug store. Yes, it's strep. My 12 year old niece has strep so we knew right off he should go be checked out. Please pray for the rest of this household... already being run down from stress, travel, etc., it would be easy for us to get sick.
I don't even want to get into my experience at the ER. There has just got to be a more efficient way to see really sick people quicker. (I felt especially bad for the 9 month old baby with a 104.9 temp!).
While I was gone, I missed an online friend of mine. We are from the same city- grew up here, but never had met until about 4 years ago now. We were both here in Florida at the same time. When we met online, I lived in Russia, and she lived where she does today- in Virginia. We met by "chance" and saw we were from the same relatively small city. (much larger now than it was when we were growing up).
ANYWAY- she has been here for a few days, and today while I was at the ER, she brought a FEAST of Sonny's Barbecue for us. That was so very nice. It ended up feeding 11 people! It was great to feel loved and cared for even now, a few days out from Daddy's death.
I think I am learning many things that I want to write down somewhere to remember when someone dies- where I need to encourage them, etc.
Keep praying for us! We are trying to make our plans as to when to go back home to Minnesota .....not yet sure.
1 comment:
Sorry about all the sickness! Hope everyone's better soon!
Keep your eyes on the Lord! Praying!
Psalms 5:3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
Post a Comment