Thursday, August 31, 2006

From the floor....

I come to you tonight, live from my bedroom floor! ha ha Seriously, we are making memories sitting on this floor! I've even got my favorite place to sit. ha What will I do when our bed gets placed here, covering the precious spot I've sat down on for the past week?! lol

Our bed and dresser will be delivered tomorrow! Praise the Lord! The inflatable mattress hasn't been too bad, but it's now going to Cala until her bed arrives on Tuesday (shopped at two different furniture stores.)

We still eat Japanese style until Tuesday when the dining room table and chairs arrive, and I will be so excited to see my house with furniture!!

In other news... we attended Cala's open house last night. She seemed a bit overwhelmed in the big school building, and was excited to see she has a locker! Glenn and I were excited to see she has the seat that we were wishing she would get- front row, dead center! The teacher said, "Cala, you have the expensive seat!" We also learned her teacher loves art and Cala will be spending time in art classes. That's great, because it's right down Cala's alley.

Cala met yet some more kids today, from the neighborhood. It's really been an education for her. She came to me a few days ago asking what a step-mother was. She also came in telling me that one little girls' Papa (daddy) was spending the night in a motel. :o/ Oh brother. I had some 'splaining to do about life to her.

Pray for Cala and for me as Tuesday approaches. I feel good about this decision- her going to school, as they will have programs available to help her where she needs it, but I still will miss her terribly during the day. Her 3 year old brother said in a Spanish accent, "Cala, I going to miss you". Try saying "miss" like "meece" and you got it! :o)

1 comment:

Suz said...

Aww, how sweet of Ethan, err Ricky Ricardo to tell Cala how much he will Meece her!

You will be lost on the first day, but I promise it gets easier and easier. Being happy with her teach and room set up helps too! I was so glad Daria got to sit right by the teacher's desk too because I just want her in the least distractive spot in the room!

Now, you know we need pictures m'amm! Pictures of the floor where there is no furniture. Pictures of the new furniture. Pictures of EVERYTHING! Get the message?!