It's now past midnight as I write this, so to me it's still Sunday! Yes, it's technically Monday, but not to me. I'm a rebel, what can I say? ha ha
I plan to spend my Monday (Labor Day) with my precious 7 year old daughter. She's a real character, so I plan on having lots of fun conversations! We are spending the day together, going to some nearby cities to do some school clothes shopping. Cala calls it "our girl time". She asked me just Friday when we could have some real girl time. She was thrilled to know I had Monday in the works. We will leave after lunch, as the boys go to bed for nap. (thus making Papa happier :o)
Monday is our weekly Family Night. We've done this since it was just Glenn and me! We play games, have something simple for supper (many times it's pizza), and just enjoy being together as a family. It's one of those "making memories" things that I hope our kids will one day look back on with fondness. (a real cozy warm feeling :o)
I am thinking Cala and I will pick up pizza at a place here in our town that is what they call around here a "take and bake". I had never heard of such a place but sure enough- you pick up a pizza that they have assembled, and bake it at home! Seems silly to me, but it's made me want to try it for some reason.
Whatever your plans are for Labor Day, I hope it's a nice day for you, the traditional last hurrah of summer!
2 comments:
A lady I work with at Mother's Day Out had gotten one of those take and bake pizzas the other day. She said it was really good. It was more expensive that a frozen pizza from the grocery store, but cheaper than a pizza restaurant. She was willing to pay the bit more price because it was all fresh ingredients on the pizza. Let us know what you think!
Hope yall have fun shopping!
It is so wonderful to spend time with family. I love my family. I cherish the memories of the times that I have spent with my step- daughter over the years. She was 4 when her dad and got married. She lived about 16 hours away, from the time she was 9 until we moved closer to her when she was about 19. Now, she is 21. She is precious to me and a very special person. I love thinking about the times we spent together as she was growing up. I equally love spending time with her now. I am longing for the day when I can spend time with my adopted daughter and her older sis, too!
Post a Comment