Thursday, September 28, 2006

And So....

There are days when I think of some great something and say to myself, "hey! I need to blog about that". But alas, the thought slips my mind (thanks fibromyalgia!), and by this time, I have long forgotten what it was I wanted to tell the masses.

So, tonight I sit here, coughing, sneezing, achoo moo moo achoo moo moo (for all you Veggie Tales fans- you'll understand :o) ..... and thinking what can I write?! Here goes something...

Today, Glenn took Ethan out for a time with just the two of them. Ethan (he's 3), has waited for this all week. "I go big truck wih Papa?" "Cala no go, baby no go, Mama no go, only Ethan go wih Papa in big truck?" (translated: "Am I going in the big truck with Papa?" (that's Glenn and his truck) . "Yes, son, you're going with Papa in the big truck- just you". This has been my line at least 5 times a day for the past few days! And so, I am thrilled the day finally came. ha Ethan has a fascination with his belt. He's wanted one for a long time, and when I bought him a new one, well... you would think I gave that boy gold or something! He was just excited today when he got to wear his belt. He kept saying when he went to Cala at school, he was going to tell her about his belt. I reminded him that she already knew he has a belt, but to no avail. He told her, so I heard.

The baby and I were in the bed, and in walked Ethan. He tried his "I got a belt" line on Seth. I looked at Seth and said, "say something baby." So, Seth who loves his big brother (really, he does! even though HE bullies his older brother!)- says, "Oh wowwwwww! Ethan! Wowwwwwww!" It was precious, and Ethan was thrilled that someone seemed to be impressed that he had his belt on! :o) I was just laughing because it was as if Seth was as tired as the rest of us with hearing about the belt, and when I said "say something baby", he responds "oh woowwwwww, Ethan! wowwwww!" ha

I am ever in awe at my kids. Some days I sit and look at them and just am amazed that I am the Mama of a beautiful Russian girl, with eyes that are sooo very mysterious, that seem to hold a secret. She looks at you as if she knows something you don't.

I am amazed that I am the Mama of a 3 year old boy from El Salvador, by way of Guatemala. This boy of mine who talks like a mouse, in a really high pitched voice, which can be really irritating when you have a migraine!, but who is so excited about the little things- is priceless.

Then, I am in awe at my baby son. This precious little guy with the deep dark brown eyes from Guatemala- Mayan at that, who smiles sweetly and says, "I love you" so very clearly for a child his age (22 months), well.. he melts my heart. He cries when I go to the bathroom and he can't go with me. I admit it touches my heart. It won't always be so of course, and so I will enjoy this time. (remind me of that when I complain that I never REALLY get to go to the bathroom alone anymore) :o)

And so... I really do have a lot to talk about.

2 comments:

kate said...

I hope you're feeling less like a sick sabu. ;>

U.N. Mama said...

Oh that I were... staying doped up on cough medicine. :o)