Thursday, September 21, 2006

And Sure Enough...

It got better. Today was a much better day for Cala, and I really appreciate those of you praying! She came home talking about how many kids played with her, and how she really does like this teacher too. She said only one time, "I do miss Mrs. ____, but I think I will like this teacher too." She was also very excited tonight as she read to me! This has been a major struggle for her, so I was happy too.

Today as we were putting more of our things away (from our move), we came across a paper Cala brought home a couple of weeks ago when school first started. It was for the Girl Scouts. Glenn and I had briefly talked about it, but forgot I guess. Cala never even realized what it was about! ha So, Glenn mentioned it to me as he looked at the paper and noticed we had already missed the registration in our city. I decided to go ahead and email, and then ended up calling the woman in charge as well. She said tomorrow she would mail the info with application for us to fill out and send back with $10. That would mean we would get the info on Saturday.

However, while we were eating supper the door bell rang. It was a woman who had been asked to drop off the info for us! How's that for living in a small town? :o)

Cala was super excited as we explained what the Brownies are (what she will be in). Oh yes! I called because I want to make sure the meetings don't happen on Sundays at all, and Wednesday nights for that matter! The Brownies meet twice a week, and we don't yet know which days or nights. It's left up to the general consensus of the mothers. You can bet I'll be at that meeting to say "any day or night but Sunday or Wednesday."

1 comment:

C.C. said...

Glad she is doing better with school.

There is an opening in Minneapolis. Haven't applied for it. Russ wants a place where he can work on his doctorate, is there a school there where he could do that?